Payment Declines can happen for a variety of reasons. The most common reasons for decline are: expired cards, bank flagged charge as possibly fraudulent, or insufficient funds.
A decline/failure can happen at time of confirmation or when re-biling the balance due on deposit billing reservations.
If a payment is declined upon confirmation, Dockwa sends an email to the boater notifying them of the decline/failure and provide instruction on how to update their payment information to settle the balance due. If the boater adds a new card, the system will automatically retry the declined/failed charges and will update the reservation to paid once the card is confirmed. If the card had a fraud alert, the boater will need to contact their credit card company or bank to lift the alert and communicate back to the marina to manually re-run the payment.
The marina is notified of declined/failed payments in three ways:
- Flag/Warning on the payment
- Tag on the reservation noting it as Unpaid
- Notification on Marina Dashboard under "Failed Payment Reservations
- Why was a Customer's Charge Declined?
- Payment Decline Management
- Re-Run Payment after Payment is Declined
Help Us Help You!
Leave a Thumbs-Up, Comment, and Share!