Payment Declines can happen for a variety of reasons. You will notice a customer's card was declined upon confirmation of reservation request. The reservation will show as confirmed but the payment will be flagged and marked as unpaid.
The boater will receive notification that their reservation has been confirmed, but their credit card was declined. They will be asked to check for fraud alerts and/or add a new card to their Dockwa account. If the boater adds a new card, the system should automatically retry the failed charges and will update the reservation to paid once the card is confirmed. If the card had a fraud alert, the boater will need to contact their credit card company or bank to lift the alert and communicate to the marina to re-run the payment.
To re-run payment manually, please follow the following steps:
- Select the Unpaid Reservation
- Click "Edit"
- On the "Editing Reservation" page, review the "Payment Details" are correct
- Review that the "Current Price" and "Updated Price" look correct
- If all looks correct, click "Update Reservation", review the verification message, and click "Update Reservation"
- This will process payment, if processed successfully, you will see a Green Checkmark next to the payment. If it fails again you will see the Red Warning Sign.
If you ever have any questions or are in need of assistance, please contact the Dockwa Support Team.
- Email: Mayday@dockwa.com
- Phone: (401) 236-8304
Related Article: Why was a Customer's Charge Declined?