What should you do when a boater calls in to cancel their reservation booked through Dockwa?
To process this cancellation in Dockwa, open the "Reservations" tab, search for the customer's reservation, open it, and click "Cancel Reservation".
Step by Step Instructions:
- Open the Confirmed Reservation that needs to be cancelled
- Click the red "Cancel Reservation" button in the top right corner of the reservation screen
- This will provide you with a refund prompt, where the full refund will be presented
- If anything less than a full refund is to be given, click "Add Fee" and enter the amount you wish to withhold from the refund and provide a reason to the boater as to why a full refund was not provided. Once the fee is added the refund amount will be adjusted accordingly.
- Review the cancellation was successful. Make sure the status of the reservation reads "Cancelled" in the top right and that a refund is scheduled to process
- If you'd like the boater to get the refund immediately you can click the "Settle" payment button to the right of the refund line item, otherwise, it will schedule itself to process back automatically within two hours
Please Note: If you are trying to edit or cancel a "Locked" reservation please contact the Dockwa Support team for assistance at firstname.lastname@example.org or send us a Chat via the widget in the bottom right-hand corner of the website. You can find more information on locked reservations here.