What do I do if one of my guest's payments fail? How do I re-run payment to collect for the outstanding balance in Dockwa?
To re-run the payment on the failed transaction, confirm with the guest their card info on file is up to date, once the card on file is correct and attached to the reservation click the "Retry" button on the failed transaction to attempt to reprocess the payment due.
Step by Step Instructions:
- From the reservation "Scheduled Payment" section Click "Edit Payment":
- Select the Card you would like to re-run the payment on or choose a new card from the drop down menu (if there are no other cards, you can Add a New Card to the boaters profile)
- Click "Update Payment"
- Once the desired card is linked to the reservation, click the "Retry" button on the failed transaction (highlighted in red) to re-run the card.
- If the attempt to collect is successful, the transaction will show in green and the customer will automatically be sent a digital email receipt for the payment
- If the attempt fails, please review the following helpdesk article: Managing Payment Declines & Unpaid Reservations