If you find that you need to charge a customer for something other than dockage or electric, you can do so with "Charges". You will first need to create the Charge item itself. You will need to do this from the "Charge Items" page in Settings (see screenshot below). There are multiple ways to get to the "Charge Items" page.
- From the Account drop down menu, choose Settings, and within Settings, choose the "Charge Items" tab
- From within the reservation or contract itself, click the Charges tab above the Scheduled Payments section, then click the "Charge Settings" link
- From within the reservation or contract itself, click the Charges tab above the Scheduled Payments section, click "Add Charge" and in the subsequent pop up window, click "Charge Settings" link
Once you are in the Charge Items page, follow the below instructions to add a charge to your marinas settings:
Choose the green "Create a New Charge Item" button. On the next page, Fill out all sections.
- Item Name: name your item something recognizable
- Category: choose the most relevant Category from the drop down menu
- Frequency: choose the Frequency you'd like this item to be charged. "One Time" will create a charge that will only be added to a reservation or contract when you manually add it. "Monthly Full" and "Monthly Prorated" are recurring charges that will charge your boater monthly, or a portion of the charge if their reservation starts or ends in the middle of a month. For more information on recurring charges see here.
- Default Unit Price: add the price of the item
- Default Tax: add the tax of the item if applicable
- Default Quantity: choose your default quantity (at this time "1" is the only option)
Once you have created a new item, you will be able to charge this item to a boater directly from the reservation or contract. (Find instructions here)