What if a customer arrives and they decide they want to pay for their remaining balance in cash?
First, please note that the Dockwa Deposit Billing System is designed to collect a deposit and then automatically collect the remaining balance on the date of arrival at the marina's check-in time. So even if a customer gives you cash for their remaining balance, the Dockwa reservation would need to be updated prior to check-in to avoid the customer getting double charged.
There are also instances where the automated billing for the reaming balance fails / is declined and instead of having the customer provide you with a new card, where you could then Manually Re-Run the Charges after a Failed Payment, the customer decides it is easier to pay with cash.
How would you go about updating these reservations to reflect the cash payment?
Step by Step Instructions:
- Open the Reservation
- Click "Edit Payment"
- Change "Payment Type" from "Credit Card" to "Settle Manually"
- Click "Update Payment Method"
- Once the "Settle Manually" is the default payment type on the reservation, you will see an option to "Settle" the remaining balance.
- Click "Settle"
- Select the Cash or Check as the payment method
- Review, agree it is correct, and "Settle Payment"
- Once settled manually
- A digital receipt will be sent to the customer to confirm the cash/check was received
- These manual payments will also be recorded on your Transactions Report
- If there was a failed payment previously that had been resolved this reservation will be removed from the "Failed Payment Reservations" list on the Dashboard