What if a customer arrives and they decide they want to pay for their remaining balance in cash?
First, please note that the Dockwa Deposit Billing System is designed to collect a deposit and then automatically collect the remaining balance using the same credit card, on the date of arrival. Even if a customer gives you cash for their remaining balance, the Dockwa reservation still needs to be updated to take the credit card off - prior to check-in (arrival date) to avoid the customer getting charged via card.
If the boaters card has failed/been declined on the Dockwa reservation, you can Manually Re-Run the Charges after a Failed Payment, via Dockwa.
How would you go about updating these reservations to reflect the cash payment?
- Open the Reservation
- Click "Edit Payment"
- Change "Payment Type" from "Credit Card" to "Settle Manually"
- Click "Update Payment Method"
- Once the "Settle Manually" is the default payment type on the reservation, you will see an option to "Settle" the remaining balance
- Click "Settle"
- Select the Cash or Check as the payment method**
- Review, agree it is correct, and "Settle Payment"
- **Note: If check, you will be presented with a text box on the payment line, where you can record the check number
- Once settled manually
- A digital receipt email will be sent to the customer to confirm the cash/check was received
- These manual payments will also be recorded on your Transactions Report
- If there was a failed payment previously that had been resolved this reservation will be removed from the "Failed Payment Reservations" list on the Dashboard