When configuring a Contract Group or individual contract settings, you will be presented with a few billing options to choose from. Below we will explain each of these options:
Rate: This is the price the customer will pay per transaction
Tax: The tax rate associated with the service provided
Pricing Structure: How the Rate will be applied to the contact
- Per Month: The customer will be billed at a flat rate per month, i.e. $20/month
- Per Foot per Month: The customer will be billed at a per foot per month rate, i.e $2/ft/month
- Per Season: The customer will be billed at a flat rate per season, i.e. $200/season
- Per Foot Per Season: The customer will be billed at a per foot per season rate, i.e. $200/ft/season
Billing Cycle: The timing at which the bill(s) will be processed
- Upfront: This is a onetime payment for the entire contract amount. The default billing period is to collect in full upon agreement of contact by customer. See Customer Billing below to change this.
- Half and Half: This sets up the contract to be paid in two installments. The default billing period is to collect 1/2 upon agreement of contact by customer and the second 1/2 upon arrival (start) of the contract. See Customer Billing below to change this.
- First of Month: This sets up the contact to bill on the first of every month. The default billing period is to begin collecting payment at the start of the rental period and then bill an equal amount each month on the first of the month for the remainder of the rental period. Partial months will be prorated and billed accordingly.
Custom Billing Period: This tool allows you to specify the dates in which the bills will be collected
- Upfront: Set the exact day when the full payment will be collected
- Half and Half: Set the exact day the first 1/2 and the second 1/2 will be collected
- First of Month: Se the date range for which the billing will commence. Example: If you have a 12-month contract (Jan 1 to Dec 31) that you want to bill in 4 installments, select a billing period of 4 months like Jan 1 - Apr 30. Rate is $1000/season, this Customer Billing setup will bill 4 payments of $250 on the first of Jan, Feb, Mar, Apr.