Line items represent payable objects (goods or services) in the system that are added to or removed from customer Invoices (and customer Reservations).
When the exchange of a good or service for money is recorded in Dockwa, a unique Line Item ID is created to identify the individual good or service exchanged.
Line items hold the source of truth for amounts paid, tax amount, fee amounts, etc. and provides the date of service for each item.
The Line Items Ledger is a summary of Line Items that are added or removed to a confirmed or canceled reservation.
It provides the details of each individual good or service paid for by customers over a specified period of time.
The Line Items Ledger report is the most granular view of each customer invoice.
How to access the Line Items Ledger report
- Go to "Reports" > "Line Items"
- Specify the date range you'd like to include in your Line Items Report
- Click "Export"
- Your report will be emailed to you.
How the Line Items Ledger report relates to other reports
- Invoice report
- Use the Invoice report to associate individual Line Items with a customer invoice/bill
- Every good/service and its corresponding Line Item ID are associated with one invoice and its corresponding Invoice ID.
- The invoice/Invoice ID represent the bill issued to a boater for the goods and/or services provided by your marina, while the associated line item(s)/Line Item ID(s) represent the individual goods or services included in the bill.
- A Line Item ID can only be associated with one Invoice ID, but an Invoice ID can be associated with multiple Line Item IDs
- Reservations report
- Use the Reservations report to associate individual Line Items with the details of a customer's length of stay
- Every good/service and its corresponding Line Item ID are associated with one reservation and corresponding Reservation ID.
- A Line Item ID never represents more than one individual good or service provided during a reservation.
- A reservation/Reservation ID may be associated with multiple goods and services provided, and their corresponding Line Item IDs.
How to read the Line Items Ledger Report
- The Rows show each good or service processed through Dockwa, over a specified period of time
- The Columns show categorical and numerical details of each good or service processed through Dockwa, over a specified period of time
The following columns are included in the Line Items report (listed in order of appearance):
|Line Item ID||The unique string of letters and numbers that identifies the line item.|
|Reservation ID||The unique string of letters and numbers that identifies the Dockwa Reservation with which the line item is associated.|
|Invoice ID||The unique string of letters and numbers that identifies each Dockwa invoice (customer bill) with which the line item is associated.|
|Start Night||The arrival date for the reservation with which the line item is associated.|
|Through Night||The departure date for the reservation with which the line item is associated.|
|Number of Nights||The total number of nights for the reservation with which the line item is associated.|
|Category||Specifies the category of good or service purchased.|
|Description||Describes the good or service purchased.|
|Base Amount||The dollar value of the good or service purchased.|
|Discount Amount||The dollar amount of the discount applied to the good or service purchased.|
|Tax Amount||The dollar amount of the tax applied to the Base Amount minus the Discount Amount of the good or service purchased.|
The dollar amount the customer is charged for the good or service purchased.