Should a customer come into the dock office to complete their contract or decide they want to mail in a signed version of their contract - as the marina, you have the option to "Complete Contract In-House" via Dockwa. This eliminates the requirement for the guest to go online to complete the agreement that was sent via email and allows your team to expedite the contract/payment collection process. This option is a good solution for customers who might have trouble with email or technology.
Please follow the step by step instructions below to learn how to use the "Complete Contract In-House" tool.
- Please Note: You should never use this option to complete the customers contract (especially if their credit card is already attached) without communicating with the customer first to make sure you have their permission.
- Open the "Customers" page on the left-hand navigation panel.
- Search for the customer that is looking to complete their contract in-person by name or email.
- Click to open their customer contact profile.
- Once on the contact profile, select the "Contracts" tab.
- Here you will see the outstanding contract with a yellow dot by "Status".
- Under "Actions" click "EDIT" (first option).
- Once on the editing contract page, select the "Complete Contract In House" option.
Note that this function does not allow the customer to digitally provide a signature. Should you require a signature for legal purposes, you will want to print out a copy of the contract to be signed in house. This hard copy will then need to be filed on-site for future use. The completion of the contract in the Dockwa system will allow you to manage payments, communicate with the customer via CHAT, and track all of their contracts/reservations in the system.
Please submit any questions you have to the Dockwa Support Team HERE.