When I send a contract quote to one of my customers, what automated email notification will Dockwa schedule to send to them?
Contract Signing/Agreement Notifications
Once you are ready to send out the contract quote to be reviewed and signed by your customer, please follow the instructions here. After you hit send, the customer will receive the following email notifications until the contract is signed:
- The initial Send will send a "Your Agreement is Ready to Sign" email notification to the customer
- If unsigned a "Friendly Reminder" will be sent 5 days after the initial send
- If still unsigned "Friendly Reminder" emails will continue to send every 7 days until signed, decline, or expired
If you have received notification that the customer is having trouble signing, please have them contact email@example.com for assistance. If the customer has completed the signing and payment in-person or via the mail, please review the steps to Complete the Contract in-House here.
Contract Payment/Billing Notifications
Once the contract has been signed and converted to a reservation in Dockwa, the system will automate payment reminders. If the customer has selected to pay with Cash or Check the notifications will all be dependent on the marina manually settling the payment received on-site. For more information on tracking manual payments see the second part of: Manually Enter a Reservation for a Boater who has paid in Cash
Regardless of if the customer is paying cash/check or set up with automated billing via credit card, they will be sent two notifications about upcoming payments due:
- The first notification will be sent 5 days prior to the payment due date
- The second will be sent on the day of payment due date
If the automated credit card transaction is declined or fails to process, please follow the steps detailed here: Payment Decline Information (Marinas)